Agile Shield Formula

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agile Shield Formula

States that it increases melee weapon damage by +1. Is a claw considered a "Melee Weapon"?

Makes sense to me.

Comment

yes but does it make sense to staff?

Comment

Am staff, am just not high level staff, but no, unarmed having a shield in general does not make sense to me. Full unarmed... Maybe.. but claws are also considered unarmed, and when using bestial claws I know you weren't allowed to hold anything else. It was a debate that was brought up a couple times.

And in terms of full unarmed like... Fist fighters (which still use claw physreps for safety sake of course) it doesn't make much sense because you are effectively holding a shield and punching someone with one hand... Which while possible is just a really goofy fighting style.

I also don't consider unarmed to be a melee weapon. However throwing weapons and such should count.

I would say no it doesn't make sense, however the real ruling would come from those above me. But I thought I would give my input on it.

Comment

Unarmed Style, as well as the Combat Advantages (specifically the General Combat Advantages) are getting an overhaul that will be released with the update that happens after this coming episode.

Comment

In general, the future intention is that to benefit from "Unarmed Style" your character must be FULLY unarmed. That means BOTH hands have a "claw/fist" phys rep.

So to answer your question, Kyle, most probably not.

Comment

This seems like the perfect opportunity to bring up how Roman gladiators of several styles would start fights/events with a shield and a short sword/ spear/ bident/ net, and would switch to fist usage when the main weapon was no longer in use whether it was knocked out of the hand or thrown. In fact Caestus (punching weapons) could be used with a shield effectively. They might not have had magic claws, but you can still rock someone's world with a light shield and a fist.

Comment

Originally posted by T. View Post
                Am staff, am just not high level staff, but no, unarmed having a shield in general does not make sense to me. Full unarmed... Maybe.. but claws are also considered unarmed, and when using bestial claws I know you weren't allowed to hold anything else. It was a debate that was brought up a couple times.

And in terms of full unarmed like... Fist fighters (which still use claw physreps for safety sake of course) it doesn't make much sense because you are effectively holding a shield and punching someone with one hand... Which while possible is just a really goofy fighting style.

I also don't consider unarmed to be a melee weapon. However throwing weapons and such should count.

I would say no it doesn't make sense, however the real ruling would come from those above me. But I thought I would give my input on it.
                How is a fist not a melee weapon? It certainly isnt a ranged weapon. What about talons? Are those not melee weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  In general, the future intention is that to benefit from "Unarmed Style" your character must be FULLY unarmed. That means BOTH hands have a "claw/fist" phys rep.

Im more speaking of like a vampire or wildkin with talons. Not so much a fisticuffs kinda thing.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleA View Post

How is a fist not a melee weapon? It certainly isnt a ranged weapon. What about talons? Are those not melee weapons?
                    I consider it unarmed... Which while yeah... Might be melee, but it's a different category.

Comment

Guess we can agree to disagree and wait for the rulemakers to make a final call on the situation with this rule update

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post

Does that mean that for someone to benefit from an Unarmed Spec that they would not be able to hold a shield or a parrying knife in their offhand? Seems silly to me to limit players like that...

Comment

Working...
                        X